When people say, I'm going dacha and spend the whole summer there, it means they're going to soend summer in the "relatively wild" place, indulge in gardening, fishing, swimming, tanning, boating, biking for kids, etc.
Some dachas are right by the beach. These are the new ones, bought mostly.
Many people bring their rubber boats, others have much simplier boats enough to float around the river nearby.
Others even manage to swim...
or water skii.
Whatever activity can be done in the dacha areas, people would do. I've seen some playing beach volleyball too.
In the musician street, people gather and play music or sing songs in the evening. It's almost like an orchestra or concert. It's great to live next to their street, you get a free great entertainment :)
Linking with:
It sounds ideal. I would love to be in a place with lots of trees, lots of water, and lots of music. What more could a person need?
ReplyDeleteHaving vacation in dacha sounds really wonderful. Just relax and enjoy nature....that's the best :-)
ReplyDeleteWould love to visit musician street and enjoy live music!
Going dacha sounds like a good time!
ReplyDeleteLooks very relaxing! I wish I had a dacha.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like going to dacha is like going to the lake here -- maybe more camping than cottage, but either way, all the fun is the same!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely summer vacation. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect way to spend the summer...fun, cool water, concerts...yep, perfect.
ReplyDeleteHi Mari. I've been having trouble commenting. You might have comments from me in your spam folder. I really enjoyed this. I have read the word dacha but I thought is meant a large summer home for wealthy people. The way you show it sounds much better. A summer getaway place on the water is ideal. Thanks for teaching me something new!
ReplyDeleteHello Mari, summer time is great for the water activities. And the water can be refreshing when it is so hot. Looks like a great place for a vacation, wonderful series of photos. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeletesounds almost idyllic
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mari, for an explanation of this term and what it means for Russian families to enjoy a vacation this way during the summer months. From your photos, it does look like people do have a lot of fun. Welcome back after your time away from blogging. It's understandable how other things in life can take more time.
ReplyDelete