About this Blog

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

A Photowalk in early Spring

 Weekend was a nice. It was sunny and dry in the morning. I decided to take a walk around the city center to see how the weather has changed for spring so far.
The roads and pavements were finally free of snow. However it was still cold especially at this area where the ricer is somewhere behind those residential.
It was becoming more and more cloudy and colder too. This is a commercial building. Many spaces are still for rent. I saw it under construction when I first came.
There were some nice elements in this building and on the other building at its back. I wasn't  able to get much closer though. There was a wedding pictorial going on and I didn't  want to disturb.
As I approached the Freedom square, it finally rained. First I had to tske shelter from the city hall (I didn't  make a picture of the building)
And when the rain stopped for awhile, I found a nice cafe just across the ballet theater. The place is not very big but spacious enough. I like the big sofas. It is attached to tge old house (to the left) where Lenin used to go for chess games.
Sun came out agsin after the rain as you can see the sky is clear and blue.
It is a busy season for the theater. People start arriving for the first show. It is Nureyev festival.
You may cluck beliw for his biography.
(taken from the internet)

Sharing this post to:

18 comments:

  1. Wow - lovely shot of this glorious architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tour of the city.. I love the statues..and pretty buildings.. Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely architecture and sculpture. But I think I would love the ballet the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful place to walk, so many beautiful buildings and statues to see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful architecture and statues! wonderful photos, mari!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty place! I love the buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, the buildings are beautiful and there is a lot of history there! The theatre season looks busy and full of good programs. And how clean and beautiful your city looks after the rain. I love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos from your beautiful city. You captured some great sky in some of the scenes. A few years ago I got to see the Bolshoi Ballet while visiting New York City. It was a most impressive performance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw Nureyev dance only once. He was magnificent. It was lovely to have a little tour of your city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am curious about the inside of your coffee place:) The buildings are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the tour of your town. Glad the snow is finally gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful architecture and so much of history. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour of your city! That huge building in the second photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful buildings, thanks for sharing. I have never been in Russia but we are neighbours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful series! So glad I stopped by, and I do hope you'll come visit http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/04/at-keyboard.html to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the nice little tour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a relief the snow is now gone! You have many beautiful buildings there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures! I would love to visit the theater area. The cafe looks like a cozy spot to visit.

    ReplyDelete