Since I already have posted the Ferris wheel and told you that I was once up there. I thought that I'd continue with the views down the wheel. Like I said I didn't really look down. I was just sitting very still looking at what's on my eye level. But thankfully, I was with a bear... a kind of special Bear and he took all these pictures in this post.
There's the road going to the city center. The Kremlin, commercial building, some residential and the beach Kazanka.
Last time I've posted a sign that forbids people from swimming and some of you asked why it is forbidden. Well, you see there is a road that spans at the middle. Fumes, dust and maybe something else are brought about by every passing vehicle. The water is not really dirty. I have been there several times in summer and in winter too. There are no rubbish nor sewege from factories. There are no factories in the city. It's just not considered good for swimming. But you know some people still try like in those people in the previous post I've written about.
The Ferris wheel is a part of entertainment in Kurlai. It's an amusemrnt park. I like being there in summer, not to take rides but to eat cotton candy :)
Nah, I just like places where people go to enjoy. Kids, a lot of kids and their families could be seen in this place.
Farther you can see a UFO. They land in Russia from time to time. Didn't you know that Russia and aliens are allies?
:)
Of course I'm joking. That's a circus. I haven't been there. Another paranoia I've got is that animals could go wild and get loose...you know what happens next. (I'm sorry I've got weird imaginings sometimes).
This is right below us. You can probably even see the shadow of the wheel on the umbrellas. It's a BBQ place by the way. They also have good kebab. Yum! Summer, hurry up please.
The park isn't open yet. They close from late fall to early spring. As soon as snow is gone, they'll open again.
The river is still frozen, everything's covered with snow. Although it is already spring, our temperature today's nearly -10.
Tomorrow's gonna be -17...hopefully not. It is March 8 - it's Women's Day and I already mentioned to you before that this day is widely celebrated in Russia. I am planning to go out and see around, make pictures if I get a chance and later tell you about it.
I'm linking this post to Scenic Weekends




happy women's day to you, then! laughed at your russian/alien coalition. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a glorious view. I would not have taken those pictures because I do not like the feeling of nothing beneath me when I ride a Ferris Wheel. Enjoy your Women's Day.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds and looks like a fun place, but the ferris wheel looks too high for me!
ReplyDeleteTell your Bear he took some good pictures!
ReplyDeletehehehe, fun, colorful images. looks like a beautiful place!!!! happy women's day!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe views are terrific. I tend not to go on ferris wheels or other tall things but you can't argue with the view! Thanks for clarifying the swimming thing. Makes sense!
ReplyDeleteLove all the views from the Ferris wheel ride! Your carnival photos are great!
ReplyDeleteWow, what an incredible view! Glad your special bear took these pictures for you.
ReplyDeleteThat's a huge UFO. Glad it's not a real one. Hahaha :-)
I hope you had fun time for Women's Day. Have a wonderful new week!
These are some wonderful shots! Tell your Bear 'thank you' for taking them. I'm not as bad as I used to be, so I just might have taken some myself. Maybe.
ReplyDeleteFascinating series of photos. Love the view in the first photo highlighting all the city building styles by the water.
ReplyDeletebeautiful views and you must have a great camera, the pictures are crisp and clear. I love, love ferris wheels, always have, love heights and especially in motion. Your bear is great at taking pics. I am with you as far as a bunch of caged animals go, if they get loose, all heck breaks loose too. They scare me.
ReplyDeleteI heard there is sea glass found in Russia on the beaches, have you looked for any or collect it. I love the stuff.
Hope to see more pictures soon of Russia.
betsy
Wonderful views.
ReplyDeleteWe're at views. Thank that "Besr" for taking such fun and colorful pictures!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Looks quite high up to me!
ReplyDelete