It's definitely thawing in our city. Icicles start melting and dripping. Sooner or later, they're gonna fall in somebody's head so they better be removed before it happens.
Roofs have to be de-snowed too, or else, there'll be waterfalls everywhere.
Very soon there'll be puddles on the street, dirty snow and "small springs".
The sun feels different now. It's warm. It's a "real" sun!!! not a visual illusion :)
Smells are more intensive, perfumes, food, coffee etc. I can notice them more now. The deafening silence of winter has come to an end. I already hear few birds chirping. People are more active, there is such radiance in ther faces.
The hibernating bear has awaken.
This post is linked with Scenic Weekends
HAPPY VALENTINE'S EVERYONE!



I never realized there is a need for icicle removal as a profession. But of course!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are so beautiful. I can't wait to see what that part of Russia looks like in the spring.
Luckily we have 6 C degrees and no any snow.. Great
ReplyDeleteLove all your icicle pictures!
ReplyDeleteIt's ;looking like spring is on its way!
ReplyDeletei hope the melts continue slowly so all can be safe. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's always such a happy time when Spring arrives! It's still winter here - under storm warnings today with high winds and very cold temps.
ReplyDeleteWow, some of those icicles are really long! So nice to hear that you are starting to see signs of spring. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a fantastic picture of the ice on the fence. I too am ready for winter to be over.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the sun has a warm feel when it shines! Spring is coming.
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting time of year, to know that spring is around the corner!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful spring is approaching and you can feel the real sun :-)
ReplyDeleteThose icicles are beautiful, especially the photo of ice covering fence is amazing!
Have a great new week!
Your pictures and words capture the joy of knowing it's almost spring! I've never lived anywhere so cold, but in rainy gray Oregon, the first sunny days and the first spring flowers starting to peep makes you feel as if emerging from hibernation! Filled with joy.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures and words capture the joy of knowing it's almost spring! I've never lived anywhere so cold, but in rainy gray Oregon, the first sunny days and the first spring flowers starting to peep makes you feel as if emerging from hibernation! Filled with joy.
ReplyDeleteImpressive icicle designs. I had no idea about the necessity for snow removal from roof tops.
ReplyDeleteHere in Nashua, NH we have seen many similar icicle hangings on homes and buildings, but have not seen anyone removing them. And, of course, snow on rooftops is a real danger now. Hopefully we will both see signs of spring soon, but reading your most recent post about the blizzard makes me wonder IF and when spring will get here!
ReplyDelete