About this Blog

Monday, 12 January 2015

Life goes on...

I am sorry for not keeping in touch for the past weeks. Life has somewhat battered me quite hard that I wasn't  able to get up fast and continue walking.

It started when in December the family lost our dear grandma. She's  the last living grandma we had from both sides.  I didn't  realize that having a granny is as much fun as having a grandchild for grandparents, until we lost her. 2014 wasn't  the best year for me. Many things happened as early as spring, it continued and culminated with losing someone. It's pretty devastating when you feel that you were not given an ample time to catch enough breath before you are struck again.

Christmas & New Year were both a quiet time for the family. Like my friends, I had you in my thoughts. I wanted to write a post and visit your blogs. But what did I have to write about? Death? That I'm mourning? What for? To spoil somebody else's festive mood? To look for sympathy? None of them gave me reasons. I thought that I can just write anything, like happy greetings for the holiday. Yet, I couldn't  cheat myself either. I can't  pretend to be happy when I 'm not. I cannot  rejoice for sole reason of socializing.

Holiday's over and I'm  back to work. I work with people and with children. I love my work and I know I have to gather myself together and move on.

There are new matters to deal with which keeps me sleepless and disturbed. However, I am  determined to walk with it, keep going wherever it'll take me.

Life goes on... no matter what.

I wish everybody a stress-free week. I miss seeing the world through your blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you simply need to get all those thoughts out of your head. Writing them down is as good a way as any to do that. But somehow they seem to be easier to put in the proper places when they aren't falling all over each other. And what better place than your blog to do that? We all have ups and downs. It may seem self-serving to share these thoughts but so what? The feelings are for yourself and you need to feel them. We love it when you share your happy thoughts and we grieve with you when you share the sad thoughts. My condolences on the loss of your grandmother. She must have been an important part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. If you don't feel like writing posts, of course you don't have to. And if you feel like sharing your stories, we are here xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care; hope you have less stress in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother and that the past year has been a difficult one for you. I hope that better times will be coming to you in this new year. Wishing you the best and sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences, Mari, on the passing of your grandmother. I read this post after seeing a comment on Emma's Leaves on My Tree blog which I read. I understand your sadness as I too lost a family member, my mother, on Dec 22, and so can share in that sadness. I also shared my loss in a blog post tribute to my mother which helped me. I hole that 2015 will be a better year for you and all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry for the loss of dear grandmother, all my condolences. I understand when you are sad for a loss, it's never time to go. Be strong. With much participation fau a good Sunday rest. Lina

    ReplyDelete